Education Technology Evaluation
Are you not sure which technology, if any, to use with your education program? Do you want to convert a curriculum designed for classroom delivery to one for online delivery? We advise education and professional organizations on their technology choices, be it a learning management system, examination system, or course delivery multimedia tools. We also assist organizations in converting classroom modality courses into online modality courses.
- ACCES Employment, Toronto, ON: We updated and revised the client’s curriculum for seminars on job searching, interviewing, cold calling and other employment skills to allow for both classroom and online delivery modalities. We created the component recordings for an online delivery of the seminars.
- CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses, Toronto, ON: We developed an online foundations English for Nurses course including the development of the content and the selection of the online delivery partner. We conducted a pilot of a telemedicine delivery via video conferencing of one of the client’s courses and identified areas of revision required for the delivery. We converted one of the client’s classroom modality courses to an online modality course, working with the online delivery partner to ensure an accurate construction of the course framework and activities.
- iCademy Dubai, Dubai, UAE: We developed and implemented an online English language program for high school students in Dubai, with instructors in Canada with video streaming of synchronous sessions.
- Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT), Toronto, ON: We converted the association’s exam from a paper delivery system to an online delivery system, selecting the online exam system and the virtual proctor vendor. We assisted in the development of several online professional development seminars.
- Ontario Building Officials Association, Toronto, ON: We developed a question bank of 2000 questions on the Ontario Building Code for an online final exam system for 24 professional development courses for the association’s members. We worked with the online exam developer to build the exam framework.
“For over 10 years Advance Consulting for Education has provided support to CARE Centre in the development and implementation of a series of highly interactive, occupational specific language and communication courses designed for internationally educated nurses. ACE has worked on a number of projects with CARE Centre including building our first fully online course which included selecting appropriate technology; converting other curricula for online delivery; identifying and evaluating supporting vendors and working with these vendors to convert and launch courses. Dianne, and by extension her team, are knowledgeable, flexible and accessible and we have grown to depend on this expertise and reliability in the ongoing delivery of our language and communication programming.”
-Joanne Roth, Program Manager, CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses