Organizational Assessment and Accreditation Preparation
Are you looking for areas of improvement in your organization? Are you preparing for an accreditation site visit? Do you want to know if the courses and assessments in your program align and meet your program objectives? We review all aspects of your education organization or program as required, including your curriculum, assessments, marketing, finances, human resources and operations. We identify best practices, areas for improvement, areas of misalignment and gaps based upon the most cutting-edge theory and practice of education management and delivery. We align our assessment with accreditation systems where applicable. We also serve as evaluators for independent, third-party assessments and audits.
ACE is a strategic partner and licensee of the Business Excellence Institute. We are licensed to use two Business Excellence Institute excellence assessment tools to evaluate your organization. We use the Business Excellence BaselineTM to conduct a preliminary assessment of your organization on quality, risk, governance and people. We use the Business Excellence Alignment ModelTM to conduct an in depth assessment of your organization on leadership, strategy, people, communication, processes, resources, product and results.
- Birmingham International College of Canada, Toronto, ON: We conducted a full program review to prepare the organization for its Languages Canada accreditation. We reviewed marketing, sales, facilities, human resources, operations and academics.
- CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses, Toronto, ON: We conducted a program review of the client’s English for Nurses language program as one of the requirements of their funder. We subsequently completed a review of the organization’s online language programs to identify areas that required revision.
- Centre for English Language Development, University of Windsor, Windsor, ON: We completed a detailed curriculum review and benchmarked the curriculum against the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- CultureWorks, London, ON: We conducted a program review of the client’s English for Academic Purposes program to identify areas for improvement and to ensure the client’s two campuses aligned in their operations. We reviewed marketing, sales, facilities, human resources, operations and academics.
- East Coast School of Languages, Halifax, NS: We conducted a language curriculum review and benchmarking of all levels against a standardized language proficiency framework. We reviewed course outlines, course textbooks and assessments to check alignment and identify content and activity gaps.
- Global Education Group, Toronto, ON: We conducted a full program review of three language school campuses across Canada to prepare the organization for Languages Canada Accreditation. We reviewed marketing, sales, facilities, human resources, operations and academics.
- Governance Excellence Assessment, Dubai, UAE: ACE was a member of international assessment teams evaluating educational operations and delivery as part of a national governance excellence program.
- Languages Canada, Ottawa, ON: We completed language program evaluation audits of over 70 English and French language programs across Canada. We reviewed marketing, sales, facilities, human resources, operations and academics.
- Renison University College, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON: Conducted language program review for both credit and non-credit courses. Reviewed course outlines, course textbooks, assessments and learning management system course sites. Benchmarked of all non-credit course levels against the Common European Framework.
- TAIE International Institute, Toronto, ON: We conducted a full program review for the client to prepare the organization for its Languages Canada accreditation. We reviewed marketing, sales, facilities, human resources, operations and academics.
- Technology Accreditation Canada, Toronto, ON: We developed the accreditation system for engineering technology and technician programs at Canadian colleges, along with the auditing and auditor training systems. The systems included all documents and processes for accreditation.
“In order for East Coast Language College to be 100% confident in the course outcomes for each of our levels, and to ensure our university pathway students were at the appropriate level to be successful in post-secondary institutions, we required an independent, outside expert to review and benchmark our entire curriculum in terms of language proficiency outcomes. Consequently, ECLC contracted ACE to conduct a thorough review of all our curriculum materials including placement tests, assessment tests, and textbooks. ACE conducted this review in a timely, detailed, and collaborative manner. They provided both verbal and written feedback on the areas needed to be addressed and also suggested ways in which we could improve our curriculum. The whole process was informative and useful, and helped us improve our academic quality. Throughout the process ACE was professional and approachable. I wholeheartedly recommend ACE and the services they provide.”
– Sheila Nunn, East Coast Language College.