Do you need to provide specific and targeted training to your staff or membership? We develop short customized professional development workshops, seminars and courses targeting specific, detailed subject matter. We design the professional development for classroom or online delivery. Regardless of the delivery modality we create interactive and motivating learning experiences for participants.
Past and Current Clients
- Appied Science and Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Alberta (ASET), Edmonton, AB: We developed and delivered a Technology Report Writing Seminar and a Professional Practice Exam (PPE) preparation course to assist members with their certification process.
- Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT), Toronto, ON: Developed professional development for volunteer management, including classroom and video delivery. Watch the videos of the OACETT PASB Professional Development Series. Watch the videos of the OACETT Women in Technology Professional Development Series.
- Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA), Toronto, ON: Developed and implemented train-the-trainer model for instructors across Ontario; developed management training model for municipal managers across Ontario.
- Ontario Society for Professional Engineers, Toronto, ON: We developed and delivered a Professional Practice Exam (PPE) preparation course for internationally trained engineers to fill in cultural gaps in their knowledge. We developed and delivered an introduction to the Green Economy seminar for internationally trained engineers to introduce them to Ontario’s environmental legislation.
- Ryerson University, Office of Research Services, Toronto, ON: We developed and delivered various grant writing and research commercialization seminars for faculty at four Ontario universities to assist the in their NSERC and SSHRC grant applications.
- TESL Canada Federation, Calgary, AB: We managed the annual conference for the national English language teaching federation in Niagara Falls, ON in June 2017. We developed the budget, managed the finances, engaged keynote and featured speakers, contracted registration management services vendor, solicited sponsors and exhibitors, managed the proposal submission system, scheduled presentations, and liaised with the conference venue.
“We have worked with Dianne for many years and on many different projects, ranging from educational online and in-person seminars, policy review, and executive and volunteer development programs that have resulted in improved business operations, leadership development and talent effectiveness. Dianne has a strong business expertise and non-profit acumen. She brings her deep knowledge and expertise to participants in a way that is relevant, practical and meaningful. Needless to say, Dianne has become our resource of choice for educational projects and we consider her a part of our extended team.”
– Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
Say it Right: Communicate Effectively Through E-mail. The Ontario Technologist, January-February 2009, pages 23-24.
Own Your Professional Future: CPD Panel Discussion. OACETT AGM, 2015. See 29:40 for Dianne Tyers.